Saturday, April 2, 2011

SU! Montréal Regional event

Finally, the day has arrived!!!  Today I am
going to a Stampin'Up! Regional event in Montréal.  I am sooo excited to meet other demonstrator`s, including my up-line, Grace.  We have only ever spoken on the phone and communicate by e-mail, so this is going to be a very exciting day all around.  This event is organized so that we can meet other demos, learn new techniques and share ideas. 
I made myself a notebook and a matching pen lastnight to go with
the cards that I made for our card swap.   
I made 3 different cards, using different pieces of designer series paper from the Suite Stitches dsp on my cards because I only decided on a model a few weeks ago
(see post dated March 17th).  I was having
a terrible time deciding what to do for my make-n-take cards until my Mom asked me to make a birthday card for her sister, Laura.  So, Thank you, Mom for inspiring my projects.

This first card is a little different. 
I stepped it up a bit to give to Grace.  I changed the ribbon, added a Sweet Stitches Fabric designer brad and added pearls onto the bottom of my card.

These are the cards that I am going to swap with other demos. 
 Except for the dsp being different, the cards are the same.  I guess that next time I will
have to start planning a little earlier and have more supplies on hand, LOL. 
Speaking of which, my sister-in-law, Tracey really saved me by giving me some cardstock.  I would have had to change the tempting turquoise for another colour and I would not have achieved the same result... so THANK YOU Tracey!!  Grace also mailed me a few sheets of wild wasabi so that I could make the 50 cards for the swap that I wanted to do. 
I really appreciate both of you very much for helping me out when I needed it. 


Thanks for looking and I hope that you like the cards and the notebook that I made as much as I do.

1 comment: