Sunday, April 24, 2011

Kayla`s baby shower

Hi, today I thought that I would share a card that I made for my cousin Kayla.  Her baby shower was yesterday.  As you can probably already guess, she is having a boy!!
I used a retired stamp set "Wild About You" for the card and the Nursery Suite dsp from the 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalogue.  I wanted it to match her gift
which uses Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Bashful Blue and Daffodil Delight.  I also used Crumb Cake on the card. 
So, here is her gift, it is a   12 x 12 shadow box that contains 16, 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 squares that I decorated using different stamp sets (new and old), many punches and the Big Shot as well.  I saw this on Michelle Surette`s web-site and knew immediately that I had to make one of these.  If you`d like to see Michelle`s original version, please visit her site:
If you would like a list of the stamp sets, punches or Big Shot products that I used, please send me a message and I would be happy to tell you. 
I have a few favourite squares; the star and the moon on the bottom corner with the clouds that I made using the build-a-cupcake punch.  The clouds are actually the muffin tops that I adhered lots of glitter to. 
The simplicity of the onesie that came from the Baby Tees jumbo wheel.  I used the diamond pattern on the piece of Whisper White card stock under it, using the Texturz Backgrounds #1 plate. I also used it on the card that I made so that the card would match the gift.  Well, I could go on and on, so why don`t I let you tell me which squares you like instead!!
I will be back soon with a few Easter cards.  Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment