Friday, August 26, 2011

Thank you cards

Here is the Thank You card that I designed for Caitlin for her baby shower. I wanted to wait until she began sending them out before posting this picture, so that our family members wouldn`t see my post before receiving their card from Caitlin. My mom has already received hers, so I hope that I am not too early posting this!!  I used the same dsp and colour palette as I used for her gift and card.  As you can see, I included the image into the scrapbook page that I gave her, although I added some dazzling diamond glitter to the bottle for her shadow box.  I used two retired stamp sets that I have for both the main image and the bottle attached to the ribbon.  The main image is a pile of blankies in a basket, with diapers, a teddy bear, a baby bottle and some baby powder which appears to be wrapped in cellophane and tied with a bow. I love this image and thought that it was perfect for baby shower Thank You cards.  I also stamped a baby bottle, key, rattle design using Baja Breeze ink onto Whisper White c.s. and used the Jewelry Tag punch (which I find kind of looks like a baby bottle itself). I then punched a hole at the top before threading some linen thread through to add a little more interest to a rather simple design.  I love the dsp that I used and wish that I had stocked up before it was retired in June!!  
Thanks for looking and I am sorry that my photography skills are so lacking... Tracey is the photographer in the family, not me, lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment