Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sew Suite...

As soon as I saw this stamp set, "Sew Suite"
from the Occasions Mini Catalogue, I knew that I HAD to have it!! 
Many of the women in my family sew; my grandmother taught me how
to make everything from a pin-cushion, to an apron to a quilt when I was still quite young.  That`s not to say
that I have nearly as much talent as she does.... 
This card was made for my Aunt Laura`s Birthday.  She is my Mom`s eldest sister and an amazing quilter. I used the "Sweet Stitches" designer series paper with the "Sweet Stitches" fabric brads, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo and Very Vanilla cardstock and some retired Tempting Turquoise 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon.  I stamped the mannequin using my Jet Black StazOn directly unto the dsp and cut out the body of the manaquin and popped them up using dimensionals.  I also stamped the spool of thread onto the Wild Wasabi c.s. using my VersaMark.  The ruler was coloured in using my Stampin`Pastels. 
I hope that you like this card as much as I do and I sincerely hope that my Aunt Laura does not see this post before her birthday card arrives in the mail!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment